Finding the best Android TV boxes can be tough, especially when it’s your first TV gadget. With so many options, it’s important to know what different TV boxes offer.
Table of Contents
The best Android TV boxes will provide you plenty of hrs of tv viewing pleasure. With so many devices readily available it could be tough to make a decision on which player is best for your needs.
The internet we use is vulnerable and a dangerous place to be. Data harvesters, hackers and malicious websites are always out there waiting for users to make a mistake. The computers and devices connected to the VPN allows them to transfer the data securely through the encrypted tunnels created by the VPN.
Why should you use VPN?
- VPNs allow you to connect remote networks securely
- VPNs keep you secure and private on public networks
- VPNs allow you to bypass regional restrictions and blocked websites
How to choose the Best Android TV Boxes?
1080p is the basic resolution for a lot of devices in addition to TVs. For greater resolution 4K designs are becoming more typical as well as supply a much better picture. A 4K tv or monitor is needed for this resolution.
The most recent streaming media players use quad or octo core processors which permit much better streaming performance.
A sufficient amount of memory is is necessary when it involves streaming. Having adequate memory will produce a much better experience. Try to find at least 2 GB of memory or more.
Having great wifi connection enables you to establish the media device further away your router and also still have an excellent link.
Applications And Games
Several players come with popular applications. Some offer video games as well. Inspect the description thoroughly to ensure that the applications you need to utilize come set up on the player.
A lot of devices have a remote control. Some include a wireless key-board kind or a voice-controlled remote. Several also come with or allow for conveniently set up hard drive storage.
Best Android TV Boxes in 2020
Minix NEO Android TV Streaming Player
Minix NEO Android TV Streaming Player is the new Android TV model of the MINIX brand is a Google certified device with integrated Google Cast to send content to the TV-Box from our mobile.
At the hardware level, this Box has the Amlogic S905X2 Quad-core SoC that offers us a much higher performance than the previous S905X. We also have Wifi aC, Gigabit Ethernet and the Android TV 9 Pie operating system to complete the machine. Let’s see in our review how this device behaves and how it defends itself regarding the direct competition.
- Stream HD, and 4K movies and TV shows from the internet
- Stream your favorite shows from streaming apps such as Hulu and YouTube
- 2GB RAM and 16GB storage
- Surf the internet, chat with your friends, or simply play games when not in mood to stream TV
- Supports wireless keyboard and mouse for easy communication with the device
- Supports multiple languages
- 4K playback support
- Sleep Mode to save energy
- Great Wifi reception
- Bulky Wifi antenna
- Can get very hot
- Not the cheapest Android Box
Amazon Fire TV Streaming Media Player
With over 3,000 channels, apps and games, Amazon Fire TV deserve a place in our best Android TV boxes list and it gives you access to all your favorite subscriptions and streaming services. Watch over 250,000 TV episodes and movies, including live TV. Kick back with sports, news, music, and games. You can enjoy hours and hours of streaming content in the comforts of your own home, anytime.
Providing you with Ultra HD streaming, the Amazon Fire TV 4K gives you a best-in-class television experience with true-to-life picture quality when used with compatible 4K Ultra HD TVs.
Using the Amazon Fire TV, you can search less and watch more. Speak into your Fire TV Voice Remote to instantly find TV shows, movies, games, and more. Amazon Fire TV Voice Remote has a built-in mic so you can instantly search TV shows, movies, actors, and genres.
- Supports 4K UHD image quality
- Works with Amazon Prime and other paid subscription streaming services
- Supports streaming services such as YouTube
- Download apps and games
- Use Alexa Voice Remote to control your device using audio commands
- Extremely powerful processor ensures great performance
- 2GB RAM and 8GB storage
- Dolby Vision, Atmos, HDR10+, and HDR10 for 50 bucks
- Impressive performance at a low price
- Responses are lightning-fast
- Remote can now power TV on/off, control volume, and change channels on some cable boxes
- Amazon needs to chill with the self-promotion
- No Google Play apps
- The menu system is still too bloated
- Requires inconvenient power adapter
- The selection of 4K, HDR and Dolby Vision TV shows and movies is worse than on Apple TV 4K or Roku
EVANPO Smart TV Box
Based on H.265 HD decoding, it offers 4K* 2K output with 100Mbps cable network which provides you high definition viewing and fluent video playing.
EVANPO Android TV Box Powered by the professional Amlogic S912 Quad Core Cortex A53 2.0GHz 64 Bits, which focusing on faster, more efficient and stable processing efficiency, more than 4 times performance improvements compared other chipsets.
With 3GB RAM & 32GB ROM high storage ensures speed and stability of the operation system, you can better run apps without any lagging or freezing provide, play games and watch movies more smoothly
- Powered by Amogloc S912 Octa-Core processor
- High-quality video and crisp sound
- Plays 4K videos at 60fps
- Uses H.265 decoder for exceptional video quality
- Powerful GPU renders excellent results
- Comes with Dual WIFI 2.4G and 5G Bluetooth for easy connectivity
- 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- Supports all popular streaming services
- Comes with a wireless keyboard
- Offers seven licenses with a subscription
- Offers a DD-WRT router tutorial and configurations
- User-friendly applications
- Pre-configured routers
- Good leak protection features
- Live chat support
- Zero logs
- Doesn’t unblock all major streaming sites
- Parent company has a poor reputation
- No option to allow LAN connections
- Broken ad blocker for HTTPS sites
- No kill switch protection for routers
- Limited access to high security No-Spy servers
Nvidia Shield TV Pro
Nvidia Shield TV Pro is an amazing 4K HDR (as well as Full HD) home entertainment system, delivering incredible resolution and picture quality in favorite apps like Netflix, HBO, HULU, YouTube, VUDU, ESPN, Major League Baseball, NBA, Showtime, Disney, KODI, and PLEX.
This Android TV device is another pick in our best Android TV boxes and it is powered by the Nvidia Tegra X1 system-on-chip which also power the Nintendo Switch game console, 3GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, two USB 3.0 ports, and an Ethernet LAN connector.
Universal search capability provides access to the most comprehensive list of search results from all your favorite apps and gets personalized recommendations on your home screen.
- Stream HD TV shows and movies from the internet directly to your TV
- Supports popular streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and so on
- Comes with Google Voice to help you control your TV with voice commands
- Exclusive Shield games
- Works great with Amazon Prime for 4K HDR videos
- Comes with a remote and a Shield Controller
- Runs all the major streaming media apps, with 4K with apps that allow it
- Powerful enough to run any Android game and stream AAA games
- Controller and remote included
- 4K and HDR support
- Comfortable controller
- Potential for smart home capabilities
- Hands-free Google Assistant support will be added in the future
- Lacks microSD card slot
- Streaming games requires a very fast and reliable network connection
Roku plugs into your TV using an HDMI cable connected from your TV to the Roku device. The Roku is then connected to the internet via your WiFi router and home network.
In addition to the standard features, similar to the others in our best Android TV boxes list, it has a voice search for hands-free operation, and the quad-core processor and dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity facilitate seamless playback of 4K and HDR content from your favorite streaming services.
- Free plan available
- Digital stereo over HDMI®
- DTS Digital Surround™ pass through over HDMI
- Dolby Audio™ and Dolby ATMOS® pass through over HDMI
- Night listening mode
- MicroSD card slot for additional channel storage
- USB port for local playback
- Voice remote with TV power and volume buttons as well as voice search, headphone jack, and gaming buttons
- Speaker for lost remote finder alerts
- Player includes IR receiver, compatible with various universal remotes
- Huge variety of content
- High-quality image
- Powerful search feature
- Great remote
- Never lose your remote again!
- Voice search can be hit or miss
Amazon Fire TV Cube
The Amazon Fire TV Cube features 4K Ultra HD resolution, 1.5GHz ARM quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, Alexa voice assistant, and is compatible with multiple smart devices.
You can use voice commands to turn on your HDTV, change the volume, or find something to watch–no need to worry if the remote is out of reach. Plus, you can still call on Alexa if you want to hear the weather, check the news, or control other smart devices throughout your home.
If you want a bigger and heavier device that can take Alexa voice commands from any direction in a room the Fire TV Cube might be right for you.
- Spotify on Fire TV just got even better. Everyone can listen to the music they love for free with the new Spotify Fire TV app. Browse your favourite playlists, albums and tracks, using your Fire TV remote or phone.
- Fire TV Cube is the first hands-free streaming media player with Alexa. From across the room, just ask Alexa to turn on the TV, dim the lights, and play what you want to watch.
- Control the power and volume on your TV, sound bar, and A/V receiver, as well as change live cable or satellite channels with just your voice.
- Using the built-in speaker in Fire TV Cube, ask Alexa to check the weather, control compatible smart home devices, and more—even with the TV off. Fire TV Cube is always getting smarter with new Alexa skills.
- Experience true-to-life picture quality and sound with access to vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR, and Dolby Atmos.
- Able to turn the TV on and off via voice command
- Use voice commands to tune to different programs
- Easy to set up
- Unprecedented hardware control
- Lightning fast processor
- Intuitive voice recognition
- 4K, HDR, Dolby Atmos
- Ethernet adapter included
- Does not include Ethernet or HDMI cable
- No Dolby Vision
All these best Android TV boxes are basically a small device that can turn your conventional TV into a smart TV. Once plugged into your TV, any of these best Android TV boxes will give you access to a huge amount of content.
If you decide to choose different then our best Android TV boxes, especially if it is very cheap, make sure you read all the specifications and features so that you aren’t surprised later on.
Learn more about how to protect your privacy online by checking some of our other post in Privacy and Security Tools category.