Nvidia Shield TV Pro is an amazing 4K HDR (as well as Full HD) home entertainment system, delivering incredible resolution and picture quality in favorite apps like Netflix, HBO, HULU, YouTube, VUDU, ESPN, Major League Baseball, NBA, Showtime, Disney, KODI, and PLEX.
With every new update owners of this 4K TV streaming box will get a plentiful of new apps and games. HDR GameStream feature is allowing users to stream PC games with HDR on the big screen.
DVR support and multi-screen viewing are among just some of the features coming with the Android N release on Android TV
Nvidia Shield TV Pro – World Class Performance
Nvidia Shield is an Android TV device powered by the Nvidia Tegra X1 system-on-chip which also power the Nintendo Switch game console, 3GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, two USB 3.0 ports, and an Ethernet LAN connector.
The device features a full built-in gaming controller, complete with two left and right thumb joysticks, a full D-pad, left and right trigger and left and right bumper button configuration along its backside.
Enjoy a cinematic experience with visuals brought to you by Dolby Vision HDR, and immersive audio with Dolby Atmos surround sound. Cast your favorite apps to your TV with Chromecast 4K built-in. Run a Plex Media Server and transcode your content to any device. Use the built-in Google Assistant to see results on your TV
Universal search capability provides access to the most comprehensive list of search results from all your favorite apps and gets personalized recommendations on your home screen.
Nvidia’s Shield TV Pro is a feature-packed media streamer
Vivid 10-bit color and rich Dolby 7.1 and Dolby Atmos surround sound make this a true home theater experience. The most advanced Android TV titles with rich gameplay and intense multiplayer action.
Nvidia’s Shield TV Pro from different retailers:
The highest performing streaming TV set-top box ever madeThe Wall Street Journal
WHAT EXPERTS LIKED
WHAT EXPERTS DIDN’T LIKE
Built on Android TV, NVIDIA Shield TV Pro lets you install hundreds of thousands of apps from the Google Play Store.
- HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 and CEC support
- Two USB 3.0 Ports (Type A)
- Dolby Vision
- 4K HDR Ready
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10
- AI Upscaling
- Up to 4K HDR playback at 60 FPS (H.265/HEVC)
- Up to 4K playback at 60 FPS (VP8, VP9, H.264, MPEG1/2)
- Dolby Audio Support (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos)
- DTS-X surround sound (pass-through) over HDMI
- Built-in Voice Control
What’s in the Box?
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro micro-console
- SHIELD TV Pro remote control
- Power cord
- SHIELD TV Pro Quick Start guide
- SHIELD TV Pro Support booklet
- 2x AAA batteries
What You’ll Need?
- TV or monitor with HDMI port (HDCP compatible)
- High-speed HDMI 2.0 cable
- Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- A Google account
How to set up the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro
First, make sure your TV has an HDMI port. Unpack the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro and follow the steps.
- Connect the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro to your TV’s HDMI port on the back or side of your TV with a certified HDMI 2.0 cable.
- Note the HDMI port’s number, because if your TV has more then one HDMI ports you will have to select it. If you plan to stream movies and TV shows in 4K UHD or HDR, remember to select an HDMI 2.0 port that supports HDCP 2.2.
- Connect your SHIELD TV Pro, using the power cord. to a power source.
- Now use your TV remote and turn on your TV, then press the Source (depends on your TV it could be Input, or Video instead) button on the remote and select the HDMI port into which the NVIDIA Shield TV Pro is plugged in.
- Follow the screen to set your NVIDIA Shield TV Pro installation.
If you plan to stream movies and TV shows in 4K UHD or HDR, remember to select an HDMI 2.0 port that supports HDCP 2.2.
The new Shield TV Pro doesn’t come with a game controller anymore.
Of course if your TV doesn’t support 4K you may not see all the benefits of using it. 4K TVs are really affordable and the price is down to $500 average for a good 4K TV.
Nvidia Shield TV Pro competition streaming devices comparison
At the Glance…
Nvidia SHIELD Android TV includes features and capabilities to deliver an outstanding home theater experience. SHIELD Android TV further enhances its credentials by including support for Dolby Atmos Pass through, IR control of TVs and receivers.
If your TV support 4K and want to watch 4K content, this Roku Streaming Stick+ is the most affordable low end Roku so far as you may concern.