Why do you need to use any of the best VPNs for Netflix or any VPN? The reasons are simple: you are either in a location where Netflix is restricted or you want to take advantage of the Netflix catalogs that are displayed which are offered to a user based on their IP address. The best VPNs for Netflix service providers also enable you to view and access all those websites or social networking web pages on your private network.
Table of Contents
The internet we use is vulnerable and a dangerous place to be. Data harvesters, hackers and malicious websites are always out there waiting for users to make a mistake. The computers and devices connected to the VPN allows them to transfer the data securely through the encrypted tunnels created by the VPN.
Why should you use VPN?
- VPNs allow you to connect remote networks securely
- VPNs keep you secure and private on public networks
- VPNs prevent access of the unauthenticated people
- Any change in the message will be detected by message integrity
- VPNs allow you to bypass regional restrictions and blocked websites
What is VPN?
A Virtual Private Network or VPN helps in the extension of a private network across any public network like the internet. VPN allows a user to send or receive data across the shared or public network in a way as if you are directly connected with the private network.
How to choose the best VPNs for Netflix?
- Easy-to-use client
- Support for multiple versions of OS
- Don’t keep logs of users internet activity
- Fast speeds
- Strong security features and encryption
- Work well for streaming content such as Netflix and Amazon Prime
Number of servers: 5000+ | Server locations: 60+ | IP addresses: 40000+ | Maximum devices supported: 5
NordVPN gives you peace of mind each time you use public Wi-Fi, access personal and work accounts on the road, or want to keep your browsing history to yourself.
NordVPN service shields your online activity from nosy third parties, malicious actors, and intrusive advertisers and it is one of the Best VPNs for Netflix. NordVPN secures your data with next-generation encryption complemented with top-notch VPN protocols – NordLynx based on Wireguard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2/IPsec.
NordVPN proudly made it our Best VPNs for Netflix. It works great unblocking services like Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Showtime, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and Sling TV. It operates a network of 5,390+ high-speed servers in 60+ countries, with specialized servers for streaming and P2P connections.
Supported platforms include Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox
- Full-featured VPN App for iPhone
- 6 devices can be used with the same account
- OpenVPN, IKEV2, and L2TP encryption
- Doesn’t log users details or traffic history
- 600+ VPN Servers in more than 60+ countries
- Unique Double VPN for the security-minded people
- User-friendly GUI makes sure you can become anonymous with ease
- 30 Day Money-back guarantee
Pricing: Starts at $3.49/m with two year deal or $11.95/m with no contract.
- OpenVPN config files for all servers are available
- Tutorials for DD-WRT users
- Pre-configured routers
- CyberSec to avoid malicious sites
- No logs files
- Two types of kill switch and no IP leaks
- Above-average global server coverage
- HD-capable connection speeds
- Comprehensive privacy and security protection
- Some servers are a bit slow
- 70% Off only for 3 years
- VPN app could be more user-friendly
Number of servers: 3000+ | Server locations: 160+ | IP addresses: 40000+ | Maximum devices supported: 5
ExpressVPN is the easiest way to get the ultimate VNP security and lead the list of the Best VPNs for Netflix. You can have your privacy locked down in one-click of the Mac app. It offers one of the best encryptions and IP blockers on the market. TrustedServer technology and powerful encryption protect you from hackers and trackers. Secure your connection on public Wi-Fi hotspots.
The iOS app protects your data with 256-bit encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and DNS/IPv6 leak protection. It uses the OpenVPN (UDP/TCP), IKEv2, and IPSec protocols.
Especially if you are traveling a lot and want to have restricted content unblocked wherever you are in the world, this VPN service is a must.
Supported platforms include Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, Smart TV, Gaming Console
- FlexiUnlimited Logins
- Password Audit
- Automatic Form Filler
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Emergency Access
- Multi-factor Authentication
- Flexible pricing model
- Generate stronger passwords
- One click form fill for shopping
- 256-Bit AES Encryption – same level of security used by banks and governments
- Identity forms
- Online Account
- Secure Folder Sharing
- Sync Across All Devices
Pricing: For the one-year plan, it will be $6.67/m + 3 months FREE or $12.95/m with no contract.
- Offers pre-configured DD-WRT routers
- Excellent global server coverage
- Fastest connection speeds in recent tests
- Excellent customer support
- Top-notch security and privacy protection
- Slightly more expensive than rivals
- Streaming servers aren’t labeled
Number of servers: 1700+ | Server locations: 63+ | IP addresses: N/A | Maximum devices supported: Unlimited
Surfshark is a VPN service based in the British Virgin Islands, which doesn’t have strict data retention laws that VPNs to follow, and it is becoming more and more popular. SurfsharkVPN is among the cheapest VPN providers on the market and one of the best VPNs for Netflix.
This VPN is great for Netflix, torrenting, anonymous browsing, and staying safe on public WiFi. Two features of this VPN worth mentioning are the service MultiHop and Camouflage Mode. Using the two, you can hide and jump from one virtual network to another quickly.
Surfshark in a clean cyber ocean with no ads, trackers, malware and phishing attempts. It is easy for advertisers to influence your behavior if you expose all your browsing habits.
Supported platforms include Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Live chat, 24/7
- All friends and family can use your account
- Cryptocurrencies accepted
- Torrenting & P2P allowed
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer
- Bypasses the Great Firewall of China
- Supports unlimited devices on a single license
Pricing: Their paid plans start at $1.99/m with 2 years contract or $11.95/m with no contract.
- Strong encryption
- Great performance
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- No Logging
- Secure and Anonymous Browsing
- Wide range of Apps
- Great Customer Support
- Fantastic Speeds
- Netflix Works
- Limited P2P Servers with Poor Speeds
- Fastest Server Isn’t Necessarily Right
Number of servers: 800+ | Server locations: 70+ | IP addresses: 50000+ | Maximum devices supported: 5
To make your VPN connection faster and highly stable, CyberGhost will automatically hook you with the most suitable VPN server based on your physical location. CyberGhost protects 36+ million users’ data as it moves around the web and definitely is in our Best VPNs for Netflix services.
It has all the standard features you need from a VPN and even has some bonus features like the AdBlocker and the Malicious Content Blocker. CyberGhost VPN makes it easy for streaming just by selecting “Streaming” from the servers list, users will automatically create a secure connection for streaming media.
Every CyberGhost plan includes unlimited bandwidth and traffic, routed through the native IPsec protocol which provides unbreakable security by its high-level encryption. Every connection is protected by 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and an optional kill switch.
Supported platforms include Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, Smart TV, Gaming Console, FireTV, Chrome, Firefox
- iOS app is available for iPhone / iPad.
- You can also use it on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, Routers with VPN client
- No Log policy
- OpenVPN, L2TP-IPsec and PPTP protocols with 256 Bit encryption.
- Unlimited Bandwidth and download speed
- More than 800 servers to choose
- 5 simultaneous connection
- Very friendly Customer support to solve any issue you may occur
- 30 Day Money-back guarantee
Pricing: 7 Days limited free trial available. With 2-year contract at $2.90/m or $10.49/m with no contract and month per month.
- Offers seven licenses with a subscription
- User-friendly applications
- Pre-configured routers
- Good leak protection features
- Live chat support
- Zero logs
- Doesn’t unblock all major streaming sites
- Parent company has a poor reputation
- No option to allow LAN connections
- Broken ad blocker for HTTPS sites
- No kill switch protection for routers
- Limited access to high security No-Spy servers
Number of servers: 1400+ | Server locations: 75+ | IP addresses: 40000+ | Maximum devices supported: 10
IPVanish is a popular VPN service having 1,400 servers in 75+ locations, but does not work in China. It offers zero logging, 256-bit encryption and OpenVPN. P2P traffic is also allowed.
Unlimited server switching and automatic interval IP switching make this VPN app highly user-friendly and one of the best VPNs for Netflix. IPVanish provides a secure environment for everyday web use. Once you establish a connection to our privatizing network, all of your online data is protected, preventing cybercriminals, search engines, and websites from tracking your location and analyzing your information.
IPVanish lets you connect up to five devices simultaneously with unlimited bandwidth. IPVanish has a zero-logging policy and offers a choice of protocols including IKEv2 and IPSec. It also offers DNS/IPv6 leak protection, obfuscation, and an automatic kill switch.
Supported platforms include Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, FireTV, Chrome OS, Router
- Free plan available
- Bundled with antivirus
- Excellent MFA options
- Easy to use
- Share passwords with other people
- Change passwords with a single click
- Fill in web forms
- Securely store sensitive documents
- 7-day money-back guarantee
Pricing: $10.00/m with no contract or 1 year contract for $6.49/m.
- Pre-configured routers are available
- Owns and operates its VPN server network
- Top-notch security and customer support
- DNS leak protection and IPv6 leak protection built-in
- Zero logs
- Only 7-day money-back guarantee
- No cryptocurrency payment option available
- No true live chat support
Number of servers: 1000+ | Server locations: 100+ | IP addresses: 60000+ | Maximum devices supported: 5
Ivacy VPN is among the very few VPNs that actually offer value for money. Accessing foreign content can be tricky due to geo-restrictions in place. However, with Ivacy VPN, you can bid farewell to geo-restrictions. You can access content from anywhere, anytime by connecting to a different server Unblock all you want with Ivacy VPN.
IVACY VPN has multiple protocols and military-grade encryption to protect your sensitive data from snooping. By default, the company provides 256-bit encryption of military security level and several protocols including OpenVPN, IPSEC, L2TP, UD, IKeV, and TCP. You can connect up to five devices at the same time.
Ivacy VPN has a very clear logging policy on the official website. The company only stores your email address to manage payment information.
Torrent and p2p supported server with dedicated speed. Ivacy VPN is one of the Best VPNs for Netflix with great features at the most competitive price out there.
Supported platforms include Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Router, Smart TV, Gaming Console, Chrome OS, Raspberry PI, Roku, Chrome, Firefox, Edge
- Unblock and access any and all sites no matter your location
- Download torrents, share information and content securely
- Supports up to 5 devices in a single subscription.
- Military Grade Encryption
- Smart Connect Feature
- Browse effortlessly and without any restrictions
- Advanced IPsec & IKEV Protocols
- Malware Protection
- 30 day Money back guarantee.
Pricing: $3.50/m with 1-year contract or $9.95/m with 1-month contract.
- Low-cost service
- Amazing deals regularly
- 5 multi-login feature
- Split tunnelling feature
- Internet Kill Switch
- Supports P2P networking
- No Browsing Logs Policy
- Payments include: Card, PayPal, Alipay, BitPay, Coin Payments, PerfectMoney, Paymentwall
- Connection speeds not always stable
- Kill Switch on Windows only
Number of servers: 2000+ | Server locations: 180+ | IP addresses: 300000+ | Maximum devices supported: 5
PureVPN is one the best VPN apps to ensure private Internet access and secure browsing experience. This is a great inexpensive VPN perfect for often travelers and if you are using often Airport Wifi.
Very complete, very low price, can be personalized, easy to use, and a large number of servers in different countries. With over 2000+ servers strategically located in 180+ locations around the globe, PureVPN’s fastest VPN servers are optimized for lightning-fast speed.
PureVPN allows users to select from four categories: Stream, Internet Freedom, Security/Privacy, and File Sharing. It protects you online with its 256-bit encrypted secure VPN servers.
Supported platforms include Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome, Firefox, FireTV, Router, Roku, Gaming Console
- Free 2GB Bandwidth Per Month with Free Account for every iPhone users.
- PureVPN is Compatible with 20+ Devices.
- PureVPN has 750+ Servers in 140+ Countries.
- Automatically connects to the fastest servers.
- PureVPN uses the strongest IPSEC protocol to secure your connection.
- 7-Days Money-Back Guarantee with 2GB free Bandwidth.
Pricing: $2.04/m with 2-year contract+1 year bonus or $9.95/m with 1-month contract
- Offer anti-malware protection
- Includes ad-blocking feature
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Does not offer a free trial
Using a VPN app on your mobile or desktop device is an excellent way to protect you from the perils of online life. However, setting up a router to connect to your favorite VPN provider can protect all of your connected devices, making full protection much easier. While there are a large offering of VPNs on the market, very few of them are quality VPNs.
If you decide to choose a VPN provider not listed here in our best VPNs for Netflix, especially if it is free or very cheap, make sure you read the terms of service so that you aren’t surprised later on. Any VPN service that is slow, leaks the users’ IP address and sells their personal information is simply bad.
Learn more about how to protect your privacy online by checking some of our other post in Privacy and Security Tools category.