Nvidia Shield TV is supporting native 4K/HDR content, a fantastic remote, great gaming responsiveness and even powerful 4K AI upscaling, delivering incredible resolution and picture quality in favorite apps like Netflix, HBO, HULU, YouTube, VUDU, ESPN, Major League Baseball, NBA, Showtime, Disney, KODI, and PLEX.
With every new update owners of this 4K TV streaming box will get plentiful of new apps and games. HDR GameStream feature is allowing users to stream PC games with HDR on the big screen.
Nvidia Shield Variants & its Price
Nvidia offers two different models of media players. It includes
- Shield TV
- Shield TV Pro.
Nvidia Shield TV costs $149.99 while the Shield TV Pro is available at $199.99.
DVR support and multi-screen viewing are among just some of the features coming with the Android N release on Android TV. Video quality is amazing. Watching the same content on the Shield is so much better than the Xbox.
Nvidia Shield TV – World Class Performance
Nvidia Shield is an Android TV device powered by the Nvidia Tegra X1 system-on-chip which also power the Nintendo Switch game console, 2GB RAM, 8GB of internal storage, two USB 3.0 ports, and an Ethernet LAN connector.
The device competes against Roku’s newest flagship Roku Ultra unit and Amazon Fire TV Sticks.
It provides an extensive selection of streaming entertainment apps, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Fandango, Vudu, Disney+ etc. It also builds in support for Chromecast 4K video streaming from a compatible smartphone or tablet.
Enjoy a cinematic experience with visuals brought to you by Dolby Vision HDR, and immersive audio with Dolby Atmos surround sound. Cast your favorite apps to your TV with Chromecast 4K built-in. Run a Plex Media Server and transcode your content to any device. Use the built-in Google Assistant to see results on your TV
Universal search capability provides access to the most comprehensive list of search results from all your favorite apps and gets personalized recommendations on your home screen.
An AI-powered upscaling system that makes 1080p and lower quality content look more detailed, closer to 4K quality.
Disclaimer: KodiRevolution strongly advises anyone against streaming pirated video and anyone who doesn’t know what they are doing should avoid apps offered outside of the Google Play store. These can damage the player and expose the user to Trojan horse viruses, ransomware and other nefarious threats.
Nvidia’s Shield TV is a feature-packed media streamer
Vivid 10-bit color and rich Dolby 7.1 and Dolby Atmos surround sound make this a true home theater experience. The most advanced Android TV titles with rich gameplay and intense multiplayer action.
Nvidia’s Shield TV from different retailers:
The highest performing streaming TV set-top box ever madeThe Wall Street Journal
WHAT EXPERTS LIKED
WHAT EXPERTS DIDN’T LIKE
Built on Android TV, NVIDIA Shield TV lets you install hundreds of thousands of apps from the Google Play Store.
- Shield TV is powered with Android 9.0 OS with Chromecast 4K built-in support.
- Voice assistant with Google Assistant and Alexa.
- Bluetooth connectivity, motion-activated backlit buttons, microphone for voice search, IR blaster to power on TV and control volume, etc.
- Access Nvidia GeForce Now, Nvidia GameStream and Android gameplay from Play Store.
- The interface of Shield TV and TV Pro supports Gigabit Ethernet with HDMI 2.0b. Additionally, it supports HDCP 2.2 and CEC.
- Support 4K HDR, Dolby Vision HDR & HDR 10.
What’s in the Box?
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro micro-console
- SHIELD TV Pro remote control
- Power cord
- SHIELD TV Pro Quick Start guide
- SHIELD TV Pro Support booklet
- 2x AAA batteries
The Shield TV doesn’t come with a game controller anymore.
What You’ll Need?
- TV or monitor with HDMI port (HDCP compatible)
- High-speed HDMI 2.0 cable
- Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- A Google account
How to set up the NVIDIA Shield TV
First, make sure your TV has an HDMI port. Unpack the Roku Streaming Stick+ and follow the steps. You can also watch the video below from Roku explaining the procedure.
- Connect the NVIDIA Shield TV to your TV’s HDMI port on the back or side of your TV with a certified HDMI 2.0 cable.
- Note the HDMI port’s number, because if your TV has more then one HDMI ports you will have to select it. If you plan to stream movies and TV shows in 4K UHD or HDR, remember to select an HDMI 2.0 port that supports HDCP 2.2.
- Connect your NVIDIA Shield TV, using the power cord. to a power source.
- Now use your TV remote and turn on your TV, then press the Source (depends on your TV it could be Input, or Video instead) button on the remote and select the HDMI port into which the NVIDIA Shield TV is plugged in.
- Follow the screen to set your NVIDIA Shield TV installation.
The newly designed remote also features motion-activated backlit buttons, and find my remote feature.
If you plan to stream movies and TV shows in 4K UHD or HDR, remember to select an HDMI 2.0 port that supports HDCP 2.2.
A great overview of Lon.TV Extras. If you like the video don’t forget to subscribe to his channel.
Of course if your TV doesn’t support 4K you may not see all the benefits of using it. 4K TVs are really affordable and the price is down to $500 average for a good 4K TV.
Nvidia Shield TV Pro competition streaming devices comparison
At the Glance…
Shield TV offers a lot of features for $150, however, if you are just getting it to browse Netflix, stream 4K content and watch YouTube videos then any other streaming device would let you do that.
If your TV support 4K and want to watch 4K content, this Roku Streaming Stick+ is the most affordable low end Roku so far as you may concern.
Featured Photo: NVIDIA